Following the meeting, the learner will be able to;
- Integrate current basic science, translational and clinical research into the delivery of evidence-based, cost-effective orthopaedic care.
- Develop an understanding of the complexity and techniques associated with massive casualties and severe injury management.
- Become more informed on modern minimaly invasive techniques in foot and ankle surgery.
- Understand the options for treating articular cartilage defects and indications for each technique.
- Discuss the pros and cons of lateral vs anterior approach to TKA.
- Explore the options treating distal radius fractures beyond traditional volar plating.
- Facilitate a better understanding of management options for complex glenoid bone loss in shoulder arthroplasty.
- Become more informed on the issue affecting sagittal balance from a hip surgeon’s perspective.
- Provide discussion of non-orthopaedic sports medicine injuries that orthopaedic surgeons need to know about.
- Update surgeons about orthopaedic billing practices for more accurate and precise documentation.
- Explain the pros and cons of various treatment options for tennis elbow.
- Learn more about the diagnosis and treatment of thoracic outlet syndrome.
- Describe comprehensive plans for multimodal pain control options for total joint patients
- Explore options for clinical use of athletic trainers in the office and hospital setting.
- Update on the use of magnetic growing rods for limb lengthening.
Accreditation and Designation
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons and the Virginia Orthopaedic Society. The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons designates this live activity for a maximum of 8.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
* 7.75 CME Credits for Scientific Program
* 1.00 Credits for Digital Poster Session
You hereby consent to VOS displaying your name and affiliation to other registrants and to third parties that participate in the event. You also acknowledge and agree that by providing vendors and third parties permission to scan your badge, you are granting such vendor or third party access to your name, affiliation and email address.
You Must Be Logged In
This Reminders tab will display for your scheduled lectures 15 minutes before start time and for new messages waiting.