Tips for Successful Meeting Viewing
Get Ready for the Meeting
Before your meeting begins, make sure you’re comfortable in the space from which you will view the meeting. Consider the following hacks for blocking out distractions and being ready.
- Optimize your audio environment – Use headphones to minimize background noise. Considering investing in a pair of noise-cancelling headphones to stay laser-focused on the meeting.
- Use a hard-wired internet connection when possible to minimize WIFI issues.
- Check your Signal – Test your internet speed using an online testing application like Speedtest.net. A minimum of 15Mbps for download speed is recommended to view the meeting in higher resolution.
- Minimize other devices using home WIFI – Understand that other devices slow your WIFI performance. Cell phones, tablets, SmartTVs and other computers can be attached to the home WIFI. Online gaming uses a great deal of bandwidth.
- Become familiar with the Mobile Meeting Guide (MMG) – Explore the different tabs in the MMG for ease of access on the meeting day.
- Contact the Help Line if you are having trouble accessing the MMG or the meeting – Our staff is available with registration help in advance of the meeting and technical assistance will be a click away on meeting days.
- Plan your day to maximize your experience – Breaks are part of the meeting schedule; plan ahead for meals and other possible distractions.
- Log in early on meeting day to avoid missing the start of the meeting – Use this opportunity to visit the Posters.